Monday, April 13, 2009

My Life

I recently, as in two days ago, moved back from Washington D.C. and now must discover what to do with the rest of my life. I am graduating from BYU, why they let me out so soon is beyond me. People want me to get a "real" job. Certain cities want my sarcasm and charm, certain cities don't. Someone wants me to pick out a new car. Some want me to stay at home forever, some want me to leave asap. All these decisions need to be made...but they are certainly not going to be made by me.

Instead I am going to spend the summer traveling. I have many options: Hawaii, Lake Powell, Europe, California, New York, Havasuppi etc. I am not going to get a part time job nor am I going to apply for any "real" jobs. Why would I want to be tied down? I am going to let someone just give me a car. And I am going to travel from the homestead to friends couches thus eliminating the need for an apartment or a decision as to which city to live in.

Just because I am graduating does not mean I need to grow up. Why start now anyways? I love being faux real!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

I know this great place in this real city where your fabulous sister is dying for a reason to quit life and have you camp on her futon. Can I join your faux existence?

Chris and Hay said...

I will also volunteer my couch for your summer travels and you better come stay here!!! New car! I forgot about that deal...what is it going to be? Maybe you should pick the mafia car we drove to St. George that one time. Your sarcasm and charm are always welcome here!

shannon said...

i am truly, madly, deeply in love with you. whatever you summer entails, i hope you can squeeze me in for lunch at the beehive tea room?? food for thought...

Susie said...

I like your attitude...I am thinking of copying it...cool?

The Wimmer 5 said...

Consider our couch reserved. Or Deakin's trundle bed, whatever you prefer.

I miss you and hope to see you soon. Maybe we'll come visit... I hope you'll be at the homestead...

Drive out and show us the new car when you get it. Somehow I think they skipped us on that one.

The Wimmer 5 said...

I love you and understand that you are busy getting new cars and being gainfully employed and such. But could you update please? And if not, could you just stop by my house? I'm starting to get offended.

katie said...

i am so happy i found this blog! i am seriously in love with you, and DC is much worse for your absence. hopefully i will see you soon...somewhere...in some city...or a couch...i'm not picky.