Saturday, February 14, 2009

Subway vs. Metro

A few reason as to why I love Washington DC's metro system and HATE New York's
  1. New York calls it a subway... that just irks me
  2. New York's subway is the dirtiest place in the world while DC's is the cleanest... well the cleanest place underground. 
  3. There are people who actually live in the New York subway and never come out! If you don't believe me just go down there, you will either see a real subway person or the evidence of their underground life. 
  4. DC has little signs that tell you what train is coming and how many minutes you have to wait. In New York you wait for twenty minutes and then if you are lucky an announcement will be made stating the train will not be there for another twenty minutes. 
  5. Just yesterday I saw a man who looked like a woman and a woman who looked like a man in the New York subway. Imagine my confusion.
  6. You are likely to contract a number of incurable diseases in the New York subway. 
Needless to say, take a taxi when in New York. Don't risk your personal health and sanity. 

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You're probably right, but the New York subway system is all I've ever known! I'm not exposed to this clean metro system you speak of. All I know is disease and cross dressing, and I find it rather convenient. Save me from myself.

shannon said...

I've used both systems you write of as means of travel, and couldn't agree with you more. #5 is my favorite. Love.

reagan: said...

Um I hate the subway...people all smell like urine...metro? not so much